Hello! I am Jae. Welcome to my site.
I can say confidently that this site will feature the goals–ranging from simple to lofty–I set upon myself. Some of them monthly, some of them every 3 months, some of them yearly.
Why set up pressure on myself? To put it simply, this time in my life is the right time to begin trying things I’ve always wanted.
But most importantly, I want to connect with people. I want people to feel that there’s more to their life. There’s always a new thing to try, a new sight to see, a new person to meet, a new book to read, etc. And I hope that by trying these new things, the curiosity may pass forward to whoever sits down and takes their time to read my posts.
Nice to meet you!
I’ve spent the past ten days brainstorming all that I’d like to try, or am curious about. Here’s my list so far:
- Learn to ride a bike (had a bad experience when i was young, never got on one again)
- Take my dogs on an adventure/take my dogs to different parks (they don’t get out as much as they should)
- Read about different religions (Buddhism, Islam, Taoism, Hinduism, etc.)
- Try out verbal planet (I want to try and learn the basics of another language, primarily Japanese and Spanish)
- Completely finish the __________ video game (I hardly ever finish video games, yet I love them!)
- Cut out soda and fast food
- Finish chain maille jewelry book (Chain mail jewelry is just breathtaking)
- Sewing project (I need to dust off and exercise my sewing machine)
- Help with community/volunteer work (I’d love to volunteer at Salvation Army, the animal shelter, and the local organization that helps feed the hungry)
- Complete NaNoWriMo (Every year I miss the goal! I never put in much effort though to be honest with you)
- Self teach computer code (I’m fascinated with the language of computers)
- Register for adult dance classes (Because I love to dance)
- Organize basement (Because it so desperately needs it)
- Read a book each month (Keeps your mind sharp!)
- Audition for a local play/musical (Probably one of my bigger fears is to be on stage, but I really want to give it a go)
- Start collecting knives (I’ve always had a fascination for them)
More than likely some things may be removed or added depending on the sheer amount of time and/or money it might take. However, I don’t see how right now I can have a problem not completing either of those goals this year. Looking forward to this adventure.